No DNS in Fedora Podman image on Debian 11

So I'm trying to use a fedora Podman image on my Debian 11 machine but
for some reason DNS lookups do not seem to be working in the container
environment. Specifically:

$ podman run --rm -it fedora:latest
# dnf install gzip
[...]
Fedora 35 - x86_64                                        0.0  B/s |   0  B     00:00
Errors during downloading metadata for repository 'fedora':
   - Curl error (6): Couldn't resolve host name for
https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-35&arch=x86_64
[getaddrinfo() thread failed to start]

* I have the same issue on two Debian 11 systems (one of which is not
  administered by me).

* The container can retrieve web pages with curl if I type in the IP
  address. So that confirms it's just the DNS that does not work.

* debian:testing containers have no network or DNS issue. So it's
  just fedora:latest that's broken.

* But I also have no issue with fedora:latest if I run it inside a
  Fedora 35 VM (Libvirt+QEmu specifically).

* So it's the combination of a Debian 11 host + a Fedora container
  that's broken.

* For good measure I tested with an "iptables -I (IN|OUT)PUT -j ACCEPT"
  on the host and it makes no difference.

* In the guest /etc/resolv.conf has the domain line and "nameserver
  10.0.2.3".

* I see mentions of systemd-resolved on the Internet but I see no trace
  of systemd in the Fedora container. I don't know how to specifically
  test whever DNS lookups go through systemd-resolved though.

Does anyone know what's up?
Can anyone reproduce this issue?

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget@free.fr>              http://fgouget.free.fr/
           Un western sans indien c'est comme une police sans serif.