Re: LXQT desktop environment hangs?

On 01/11/2021 14:02, Eric S Fraga wrote:

Your comment about the GPU driver is helpful as I probably don't have
the optimum graphics card settings (I do very little graphical work:
mostly text in Emacs all day long...).  I have an nvidia graphics card
and my experience with nvidia has never been positive, to be fair.

Glad I could help you move to (hopefully) right direction. Nvidia
provides closed source drivers only which are known to have errors and
bugs. I you don't use closed source drivers, open source equivalent -
nouveau driver, is (or could be) even more buggy and basic.

Sometimes Nvidia drivers are blacklisted in browsers and you have no
acceleration whatsoever, because of bugs. Can you change your GPU to
AMD? To Radeon card with open source driver? I do 4K 60FPS gaming on my
radeon card with open source driver, no problems at all. Didn't hang on
me since I installed Bullseye.

Please check hardware acceleration settings in Firefox. Maybe they can
be enabled, disabled, changed, or reset to default. Reason of this
procedure is that Firefox works better with your GPU. See what you can
do, start from about:support page in Firefox. But that perhaps is
offtopic discussion in this Debian mailing list.

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org