Re: Man pages for gcc

On Sun, Oct 31, 2021, 5:05 PM Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us> wrote:
* On 2021 31 Oct 16:27 -0500, Nicholas Geovanis wrote:

> The info command is what you want for gcc. You may need to install the
> package for gcc info files. Another set of commands you might need info
> files for are coreutils. Try "info coreutils".

While info is probably installed, a much better user experience is the
'pinfo' package since it uses Lynx like motion and color highlighting
for hyperlinks.

Never used pinfo, thanks. I'll try it. You see, over time my browsers get more primitive. I'm in the last trench now, it's curl and wget now :-)

Which reminds me, when using windowed character mode tools like these, it's important to set the terminal type correctly in the Linux sessions environment variables. But also make sure it lines up with the terminal type in the terminal emulation software you may be using. Otherwise the screen is soup.

- Nate

possible worlds.  The pessimist fears this is true."
Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB