Re: HTML mail [was: How to improve my question in stackoverflow?]

On Fri, Sep 10, 2021 at 11:41:55AM +0200, Linux-Fan wrote:
> tomas@tuxteam.de writes:

[...]

> Additionally, in this C++ question thread, the source code was given
> in HTML and text parts of the e-mail and while the `#include`
> statements were all on separate lines in the HTML, they appear as
> one long line in the text part.

So definitely one downside of posting HTML and hoping the mailer
comes up with a reasonable representation as text (I fell for it).

> Btw.: For C++ STL components such as `set` or `string` it is
> perfectly fine to not append a `.h`. In fact, it would seem not to
> be standards compliant to append the `.h`, cf.
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15680190

Thanks; Il Ka says the same downthread. I warned that I have
very little clue on C++. The problem seems to be that the
#include-d stuff is case-sensitive (i.e. "Set" instead of "set").

I defer to the C++ buffs here :)

Cheers
 - t