Re: deprecated options in openssh

On Fri 10 Sep 2021 at 08:11:02 (-0400), Greg Wooledge wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 10, 2021 at 10:33:47AM +0100, Adam Weremczuk wrote:

> > Weeks later it happened again and I'm not any less puzzled:
>
> All right, now we're getting somewhere.
>
> Is it possible that these lines are being remotely syslogged to you from
> another host?

… as I suggested Aug 16¹, and I haven't changed my view. In fact, the
OP stated that they were running openssh 7.9p1-10+deb10u2 on Debian 10.10,
but the objectionable configuration options as defaults were last seen
in stretch, and even jessie (KeyRegenerationInterval and ServerKeyBits).

Presumably, this other host is contacted "maybe 2-3 times per month",
hence the frequency of being logged by logwatch.

¹

Cheers,
David.