Re: Re: shim_init error for debian-live-11.0.0-amd64-kde.iso

Andy,
thanks for the suggestions.
I had tried the GParted image before. In fact, using their image first brought up the boot error in my case and the GParted developers pointed me to debian, as this is their underlying system. I have now also tried to boot with "secure boot option" enabled, but the outcome is the same.
So, unfortunately, no luck with these.
Since - as I stated in the original post - a similar problem occured in the openSUSE installation medium (and could be resolved there), I guess it is quite obvious that it has to do with the combination of firmware and the non-modified boot code.
Best regards
Bernd