Re: How to format with stride/stripe_width options during install

On Fri, Sep 10, 2021, 1:31 AM Robert Arkiletian <robark@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 9, 2021 at 12:28 AM IL Ka <kazakevichilya@gmail.com> wrote:

> With full DVD installer in "Advanced Options -> Expert install" after "Load installer components" you can open the second console (ALT+F2) and run ``mkfs`` manually with any option you like
> Not sure if it works with netinst.

Thank you, I tested in a VM and I was successful with the netinst cd.
Was able to partition and format manually in a second console after
"Load installer components" but importantly before "Detect disks",
then when one gets to "Partitioning" you have the option to NOT format
the partitions, but one can still set mount points, etc..  which is
what I wanted.

I've encountered this part of the "workflow" before and found it non-intuitive. And I've worked at businesses where it's used as one excuse to choose hardware RAID (Dell PERC say) or md drivers for RAID. Then the folly is revealed :-) and they just go to full virtualisation. At cost.