Re: HTML mail [was: How to improve my question in stackoverflow?]

On Fri, 10 Sep 2021 08:41:02 +0200
<tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> (I'm just asking, because I've seen this complaint a couple
> of times for a well-formed multipart message: personally, I'd
> be OK with it, but I'd like to know how the consensus is).

I think it has problems. One case is where the author composes in HTML,
and uses colors, emphasis, etc. to make his points, and those are
stripped out of the plain text version, thereby distorting the author's
intent.

(I also think that if one must use colors, emphasis, etc. as part of
one's writing, then one is not a very good writer. On the other
tentacle, one should not expect good writing from nerds.)

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/