Re: Dragon Player doesn't

On 2021-09-07 21:21, piorunz wrote:
On 07/09/2021 18:04, Gary Dale wrote:
I don't use Dragon Player normally but I was looking at it just now.
When I right-click on a video file, select play with then choose Dragon
Player to play it, it launches Dragon Player but doesn't play the file.
When I select Play File from within Dragon Player, I can select a video
to play, but again it doesn't play it.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and/or come across a fix for it?

I dont' use this program, but if you run it via terminal, what does it say?

Good point. I get a lot of error messages that say "WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend plugin could not be loaded". There are other messages that also mention phonon, like this sequence: WARNING: Phonon::createPath: Cannot connect  Phonon::MediaObject ( no objectName ) to  Phonon::VideoWidget ( no objectName ). WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend plugin could not be loaded

WARNING: Phonon::createPath: Cannot connect  Phonon::MediaObject ( no objectName ) to  Phonon::AudioOutput ( no objectName ).

Along with numerous other messages, including several similar to:

kf.coreaddons: no metadata found in "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/kf5/kio/metainfo.so" "Failed to extract plugin meta data from '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/kf5/kio/metainfo.so'"