Re: 📈 Sirius - 75% correct in the last 5 years

On 2021-09-07 at 22:32, Dedeco Balaco wrote:

> spam in the list?

It happens occasionally.

When you see it, please don't reply to it, certainly not back to the
list. Doing so only makes it appear again, and means that people who may
have not seen it the first time (because they have spam-filtering setups
which managed to detect the first message as bad) may see it the second
time (because now it's coming from an address that is known to send
messages that aren't spam).

In this case, I have such a system, and it caught your reply as spam
because it was so similar (by total aggregate of contents) to the
initial message. If I hadn't noticed it in the spam folder, I wouldn't
have seen your reply - and that would have made my spam-filtering setup
more likely to decide that other messages you send, later on, were spam.

Replying publicly to spam very rarely does any good, and can not
infrequently do some kind of harm.

--
   The Wanderer