(HTML) Re: Trouble upgrading Debian (reply to David Wright)

Em 06/09/2021 14:25, John Hasler escreveu:
Curt writes:
I suggest you follow the earlier advice, and set Thunderbird
to compose your email as plain text
Or even as "normal" HTML.

If it is trivial to me setting my mail manager to use the dark background i need, and to make it ignore the (usually default) background of color of all HTML messages, why the people in Debian User list cannot do it? I will not change my setting! I need it. Learn to deal with it. Things evolve. Being able to use bold, italic, underscore is a minimum of "new" things that help a lot to compose good messages. If Thunderbird has a problem when writing the automatic text messages, together with the composed HTML ones, this is a reason to *fix* it, not to never use anymore. I have installed another mail manager in my computer: but it is bad, pretty horrible. It does not show HTML messages. It does not compose HTML messages. And it is pretty counter intuitive to configure, in several parts. It seems handy, have nice things. But if you do not know them, or are not familiar enough with "something", to be able to understand it, you cannot use them. Its name is Claws Mail. I bet the most important people in this list love it. So, Thunderbird has some problems (and the HTML thing is not a problem to me), but it still the best mail manager for me.

Regards