Trouble upgrading Debian

Hello,

today, i started to upgrade my computer from Debian 9 (Stretch) to Debian 11 (Bullseye). I had some trouble finding what i wanted to do, a completely internet based upgrade, if possible. In the Debian documention, i did not find this explanation. It says it can be done, but it does not explain how to do it.

So, i opened the following thread. Do not read it now, there are more things i will say here, first.

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/upgrading-debian-distribution-4175700202/#post6281677

In the thread, I was advised to not upgrade from Debian 9 to 11 in one step, because "jumping 2 releases will probably result in MASSIVE breakage". This should be in the official documentation, no? If there is this risk, it must be.

So, i should to 2 upgrades: one to Debian 10, and one more to Debian 11. Fine. And for each one, the steps are:

1. Disable all third party repositories.

2. Edit /etc/apt/sources.list to reflect the next distribution i will have. Directly, this is just changing all "stretch" occurencies to "buster"; or all "buster" to "bullseye", in the second upgrade.

3. apt update

4. apt upgrade

5. apt full-upgrade

But after my first edition to sources.list, apt update fails. I have tried apt-get update to, but it also fails for the apparently same reason.

What should i do to solve this?