Re: icewm anomaly after bullseye upgrade

On Sat, Sep 04, 2021 at 01:58:41AM -0400, Bob Bernstein wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Sep 2021, Michael Lange wrote:
>
> > according to https://ice-wm.org/man/icewm-preferences the syntax for
> > using a bold font should rather be:
>
> > ActiveTaskBarFontNameXft=”sans-serif:size=12:bold” .
>
> Ah. RTFM still applies.
>
> That did the trick for me. Thank You Sir!
>
> > I have some doubt though, that this has anything to do with your
> > original problem.
>
> That is correct. I did resolve my problem with 'WorkspaceNames=' not
> governing the number of workspaces shown on the Taskbar, but my error was so
> stupid I am ashamed to reveal it here in front of everyone, and probably
> won't even tell anyone off-list.
>
> As a rule I am not above posting really dumb questions (no wisecracks, thank
> you), but that one was beyond anything even I could suffer.

No dumb questions ever. After 23 years around Debian, I still find the
best and quickest way to find an error is to stare at it for three days,
ask someone else to look at it - and they find it in 30 seconds.

Smart wisecrack answers / demeaning someone else's efforts (always provided
they show they've done something) - that's another thing.

It's very worthwhile to think we have all sorts of people with all sorts
of experience and expertise lurking here and that somebody will know the
answer / direct you to resources to find it / have an "Aha!" moment and
sort out their own puzzle when they see you raise it.

All best, as ever,

Andy Cater