Re: How to manually install WiFi firmware on Debian Live?

deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> writes:

> Anssi Saari wrote:
>
>> udevadm trigger is the command to run to simulate plugging in the wifi
>> adapter after you have the firmware available. I don't think modprobe
>> loads firmware.

> unloading the driver, unloads the firmware

> both done with modprobe.

Are they? Show me. What I'm saying is modprobe doesn't load firmware and
udev does since that was the observed behavior here. The OP in this very
thread installed firmware and modprobed the driver but wifi device still
didn't work.

> How do you load firmware manually, please?

I don't know, feel free look it up and share. All I know there was once
a specific command to load fw for an old 3G modem I have in an old
laptop but today that seems to happen automatically.