[SOLVED] Re: Desktop "locking".

    From: Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com>
    Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 10:17:31 +0100
> Gnome is very likely using it's own thing (as per the description,
> light-locker relies on lightdm while Gnome is using gdm3).

While keeping firefox, gedit and dependants, I removed every package
found with "gnome" in the name.  That left one gnome.

peter@joule:/home/peter$ dpkg -l | grep gnome
ii  libsoup-gnome2.4-1:i386                       2.72.0-2
  i386         HTTP library implementation in C -- GNOME support library

The green button persisted.  With some luck, googling found this page.
https://superuser.com/questions/1084382/weston-screen-blanking

shutting off idle screens is a good idea but the green button is
pointless. Therefore set idle-time and locking.  This is the current
weston configuration here.

peter@joule:/home/peter$ cat .config/weston.ini
# joule:/home/peter/.config/weston.ini
[core]
xwayland=true
# Black display after 4 minutes of idleness.
idle-time=240

[xwayland]
path=/usr/bin/Xwayland

[shell]
# The display is not locked.  Don't show the pointless green button.
locking=false
allow-zap=true

Observation:
The title "Unlock your desktop" can be improved. I suggest "Unlock weston".

Regards,               ... P.

--
mobile: +1 778 951 5147
  VoIP: +1 604 670 0140