Re: Slow disk reads - exception Emask 0x0 SAct 0x6b0000 SErr 0x0 action 0x0

On Thursday, December 23, 2021 05:30:32 PM Alexander V. Makartsev wrote:
> You can review SMART attributes which keep track of device's health and
> metrics.
> This utility is part of "smartmontools" package.
> Run this one-liner to see values of relevant attributes:
>      $ sudo smartctl -A /dev/sda | grep -E '5 Realloc|183 Runtime|197
> Current|199 UDMA'

I'm not the OP, and not  very familiar with smartmon / smartctl, but I ran the
recommended command on the two disks in my oldest system, and the results are
posted below.  (Aside: at some point, in the near future, I'll read the
relevant manpage to better understand that output.)

I also see the advice from Dave Christensen on additional tests to run and
will try those in the near future, ideally next week.

/dev/sda is an SSD (which hold my system and doesn't get much writing),
/dev/sdb is an HDD (which holds my "user data").

Should I be worried?

root@s19:~# smartctl -A /dev/sda | grep -E '5 Realloc|183 Runtime|197
> Current|199 UDMA'
  5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct   0x0033   100   100   036    Pre-fail  Always
-       0
183 Runtime_Bad_Block       0x0032   100   100   000    Old_age   Always
-       0
197 Current_Pending_Sector  0x0012   100   100   000    Old_age   Always
-       0
199 UDMA_CRC_Error_Count    0x003e   200   200   000    Old_age   Always
-       0
root@s19:~# smartctl -A /dev/sdb | grep -E '5 Realloc|183 Runtime|197
Current|199 UDMA'
  5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct   0x0032   100   100   000    Old_age   Always
-       12
root@s19:~#