Re: Mate desktop environment: anything akin to update-notifier

On 12/12/21, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there anything in Debian's flavour of the Mate DE which notifies
> the user of pending APT updates?

I went looking a year or two ago & didn't find anything I liked.  I
finally decided my crontab entry was good enuf:

$ sudo crontab -l
[sudo] password for lee:
# Edit this file to introduce tasks to be run by cron.
# min hr  dom mon dow     command
  18  4    *   *  1,3,5,7 (apt update >> apt-update.log 2>/dev/null)
&& (apt list --upgradable 2>/dev/null | egrep -v '^Listing' >|
/etc/motd)

Regards,
Lee