Re: bullseye fusses

On Sun, 12 Dec, 2021 at 3:49 PM, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
On Sat 11 Dec 2021 at 18:11:28 -0800, Gene Heskett wrote:

[...]

> #3: I see apple has completed the embrace,engulf,destroy of cups, its mailing list
> has been removed from the apple servers. The bounce as undeliverable msg resolves
> to an apple server, but there is not a cup list there.

Total nonsense regarding Apple Inc. This is misinformation of the
higherst order. It deserves to be ignored. The OP excels in pushing
out unsubstantiated opinions under the guise of facts.

> What do we ALL do for cups support now?

The wise user reads our wiki. The unwise user hasn't a clue what to
do.

> On my printer, its majorly broken even with brothers brand new for bullseye
>
> drivers installed. Its 15 times slower than it was on stretch, and refuses to

Brother has brand new drivers for your (unknown) printer on bullseye?
One of us is deluded.

Easy enough to identify who. This printer is not your run of the mill printer.
It is an MFC-J6920DW & capable of handling tabloid sized stuff both in the
printer and the scanner. By the time I got some ink and paper, it lightened
my card close to $700 about 5 years ago. And its been, till now a genuine
workhorse. Its not quite new enough to be seen as an ipp-Everywhere
so it is still using brothers drivers.

That model has been mentioned in the last 10 days as I've tried to sort out
a new, bare silicon install brought on by one of seacrate's infamous
shingled 2T drives that drowned, without notice in the night ten days back.

Bare silicon because its now 5.5Tb of SSD's, 4 1T's in a raid10 as /home and
a .5T as boot drive. The only spinning rust is a twin to the failed drive, used
as vtapes for amanda. I think I can hear its clock ticking too.

So if you do not have something constructive to say, I'd suggest you STFU,
I've been running linux exclusively here since 1998. Go bully somebody else.
--
Gene