Re: WM focus, was Re: changed file while editing

On Sat, Dec 11, 2021 at 07:58:18PM -0600, David Wright wrote:
> On Sat 11 Dec 2021 at 18:24:46 (-0500), The Wanderer wrote:

[...]

> Looked at in detail, it can get quite complicated. For example,
> a window might never accept focus, accept focus, take focus from
> it's parent (like a dialog box), or, rather rudely, just grab
> focus regardless (like some popups).

And then, there are those @#*&$! [1] applications, which, whithin them,
insist on dictating their own focus policy (and hallucinating they are
*THE* window manager (browsers, I'm looking at you, specifically).

Cheers

[1] Censored, because I'm unable to find terms both compatible with my
   genuine feelings and with a civilised discourse.

--
tomás