Re: question about a .deb file

On 12/9/21, john doe <johndoe65534@mail.com> wrote:
> On 12/9/2021 8:55 AM, Tim Woodall wrote:
>> Does that work or is it a typo? I've always used:
>>
>> apt-get autoremove --purge
>>
> $ apt-get --help
> apt 2.3.13 (amd64)
> Usage: apt-get [options] command
>         apt-get [options] install|remove pkg1 [pkg2 ...]
>         apt-get [options] source pkg1 [pkg2 ...]
> [snip]
>
> Specifying options before the command looks to be more man page
> compliant...

I've seen one rare occasion where [positioning] overall really
matters, but it wasn't apt-get. It was about mount'ing of ISO or img
files or maybe even a third file type.

My apologies that I can't remember what flag I was using. More than
one flag was involved because of the more unusual mount I was
attempting. One flag was expressed in front of declaring the mount
point, and the other was typed in afterward.

It would mount fine in one instance with one particular flag at the
end (because that's how it had been advised somewhere online). That
same format did NOT work for one now forgotten file type. It all had
to be stated before the file and mount point declaration.

It makes sense. There should be some kind of universal uniformity to
best guarantee predictability of outcome across the widest range of
user setups possible. For mounting, that would be to say do all these
things stated here in this beginning lump to this file being mounted
at this point as declared here at the end of this entire [statement].
It reminds me of "subject and predicate" sentence structuring in
grammar.

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey