Re: question about a .deb file

On 12/9/2021 8:55 AM, Tim Woodall wrote:
On Wed, 8 Dec 2021, john doe wrote:

On 12/8/2021 10:16 AM, Piper H wrote:
Thanks, I'll check them out. :)

My suggestion would be to do the following commands:
$ apt-get --autoremove purge mysql-connector-java

Does that work or is it a typo? I've always used:

apt-get autoremove --purge

$ apt-get autoremove --purge
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
[snip]
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 31 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
After this operation, 1018 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
$ apt-get purge --autoremove
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
[snip]
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 31 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
After this operation, 1018 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] ^C
$ apt-get --autoremove purge
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
[snip]
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 31 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
After this operation, 1018 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
$ apt-get --help
apt 2.3.13 (amd64)
Usage: apt-get [options] command
       apt-get [options] install|remove pkg1 [pkg2 ...]
       apt-get [options] source pkg1 [pkg2 ...]
[snip]

Specifying options before the command looks to be more man page compliant...

--
John Doe