Re: question about different software versions on Debian 10 and 11

That's all right. thank you.

On Thu, Dec 9, 2021 at 1:25 AM Stanislav Vlasov <stanislav.v.v@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Debian 10, can I force install the software which is released on Debian
> 11?
> For example, a given software has default installation version 1.0 for
> debian 10, but has version 2.0 for debian 11.
> I want to use the version 2.0 on debian 10, how will I do it?

1) you may try backports, may be your software already backported and
available on debian 10. If software backported - quick and easy way.

2) you may backport software by self (get sources, sometimes fix
debian/* in sources dir, build package) -- my preffered way to take
new software before debian testing not frozen.

3) you may set repos from debian 11 and install software AND
dependencies - your debian will be partially upgraded and some another
soft may be broken. Don't recommend this way, system may be broken and
need reinstall in worst case.

4) you may upgrade to debian 11. If you does not see your software in
backports and can't build package - use this way.

--
Stanislav