Re: Customizing Grub menus

*note* No need for CC:  I'm subscribed

On 12/08/2021 08:29 AM, Dan Ritter wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:
I have a machine set aside for experimenting with different configurations
of Debian. The default Grub2 menu will display OS(with version) and
partition designation in /dev/sdXY format.

I give all partitions descriptive labels.
I want the Grub menu to display OS and the partition label.
I want it to update appropriately after using update-grub.

Is there an appropriate tool?

You want to read
https://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub/grub.html#Shell_002dlike-scripting

and make changes to files in /etc/grub.d/ which will then be
applied via update-grub

-dsr-

I see no reference for Grub being able to read a partition's label only its UUID.