Reasonably simple setup for 1TB HDD and 250GB M.2 NVMe SSD

Hi everyone!  I have a Dell Inspiron 5570 laptop with 1TB HDD and 16 GiB
RAM (it supports 32 GiB).  I am about to buy an M.2 NVMe 250GB SSD---a
Western Digital WD Blue SN550.  I would like to set the system for
reliability, SSD durability¹ and performance.

I have looked at [Multi HDD/SSD Partitioning Scheme][] but it is too
complex and probably outdated (last modified 2013-10-17).  I would like
something simpler.  For backups, I would continue my weekly manual
backups to my 1.5 TB external HDD with duplicity.

On the SSD I intend to leave 35 GB unpartitioned for extra over
provisioning.  It would have just one 215 GB partition.

On the HDD I would put a 34 GB swap partition at the beginning, then a
215 GB partition for RAID1 with the SSD, then a 751 GB partition.  I
intend to put Debian system *and* /home on the 215 GB RAID1, but I would
set all the XDG user dirs² on the 751 GB HDD partition.  I would have
tmpfs on /tmp---I have read that long thread where someone alleged that
moving /tmp to tmpfs makes it useless but I disagree.

Would all this be reasonable?  Do you recommend any change?  Any tip?  I
run Debian stable with only official repositories, including
bullseye-backports.  I also manually installed GNU Guix package manager
and my main Guix profile has 163 packages.

Regards!

[Multi HDD/SSD Partitioning Scheme] https://wiki.debian.org/Multi%20HDD/SSD%20Partition%20Scheme

¹ According to its data sheet, the 250GB WD Blue SN550 endures 150TBW.
² See the xdg-user-dir manpage.

--
- Many people hate injustice but few check the facts; this causes more
  injustice.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>