Re: SD card, exfat, file mtime wrong

On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 at 16:16, David Christensen
<dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> wrote:
> On 12/7/21 7:28 PM, David wrote:
> > On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 at 14:07, David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> wrote:
> >> On 12/6/21 6:37 PM, David Christensen wrote:

> > I might also check this info
> >    https://unix.stackexchange.com/a/640906
> > that I mentioned before, just to see if it was relevant. I didn't
> > look closely.

> It looks like vfat only.

I wonder did you note this part? ...
"""
Seems like the problem resides in the Linux kernel itself, as the
timezone may (and usually do) differ between the kernel and the
userspace. time.c file in the kernel/time in the Linux kernel source
tree holds (and exports) the struct timezone sys_tz, which is then
used in fs/fat/misc.c in the FAT time <-> UNIX time conventions. The
tz_minuteswest field of this struct is used to show the difference
between the current timezone and the UTC, and it is taken into
consideration if the tz=UTC option is not passed to the mount.vfat
command.
"""
Which I do not read as necessarily being "vfat only".

Because perhaps you are likewise not passing that option when
mounting exfat, maybe because it does not even have that
option, per my other links.

In your situation, I would run the test code given there to
see if it is relevant, and if there is any difference with the
older Debian versions that do work.