Re: SD card, exfat, file mtime wrong

On 12/7/21 7:28 PM, David wrote:
On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 at 14:07, David Christensen
<dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> wrote:
On 12/6/21 6:37 PM, David Christensen wrote:

I verified the clock in the camera before taking the picture.  It was
set to local time.
Debian 9 displays the correct mtime when I mount the SDXC card.
Debian 10 displays the correct mtime when I mount the SDXC card.
Debian 11 displays the wrong mtime when I mount the SDXC card.
How do I fix or work around this feature, bug, or whatever in Debian 11?
What package do I file a bug report against?

Based on the above regression I would suggest to file a bug with
the above information in Debian against the mount package.

I might also check this info
   https://unix.stackexchange.com/a/640906
that I mentioned before, just to see if it was relevant. I didn't
look closely.

It looks like vfat only.

2021-12-07 19:03:13 dpchrist@laalaa ~
$ dpkg-query -S /usr/bin/mount
dpkg-query: no path found matching pattern /usr/bin/mount

You've unfortunately hit a bug/breakage that is currently the
subject of some controversy in Debian.
See here, or search for "merge(d) user usr":
   https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1000715#10

Yuck.

David