Re: OT: SSL Negotiation Failed

> For the last couple of days, when I try to open a link (to a web page) from
> an
> email in my older version of kmail I get a message that says:
>
> Could not connect to host <hostname>.  SSL negotiation failed.
>
> If I paste the same link directly in the address bar of Firefox, the link
> works fine.
>
> The kmail I use is an older version Wheezy (1.13.7 in kde 4.8.4) (and yes, I

openssl in wheezy very outdated and was outdated even when wheezy was
been ELTS - when i work on hosting provider, i need to add some
ciphers to nginx config for talking with wheezy client in 2017.
Now wheezy abandoned and nobody will be port new ciphers to very
outdated openssl version.

If you want quick and working result, recommend you upgrade to
something new version with clean install - direct update to actual
version does not possible, step-by-step to current stable release with
4 steps may take you "frankendebian" result or you will need to
cleanup system from old packages after every step.
If you want experience with updating very outdated system to simply
outdated system - use archive.debian.org for 1st upgrade step.

--
Stanislav