Re: why Debian?

Thanks for the info you provided @Karthik . That would be very helpful

Regards
Piper

On Fri, Dec 3, 2021 at 7:03 AM Karthik <karthikgatiganti@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Dec 3, 2021 at 1:37 AM Piper H <potthua@gmail.com> wrote:

> @Karthik glad to see the info you providesd.

You're welcome,feel free to ask questions,Im happy to help

> Especially for cudnn running on ubuntu 18.04 and above.
It's just 18.04 and not above as other versions only have partial support
LTS versions like 16.04,20.04 seem to have support but I haven't tested them

> Does debian have good support for DNN stuff?

Yes, my current setup is:
debian unstable,
nvidia proprietary driver from nvidia-driver deb package,
cuda from nvidia-cuda-toolkit deb package holding at version 11.2.2-3,
cudnn8 from https://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/repos/ubuntu1804/x86_64/libcudnn8_8.1.1.33-1+cuda11.2_amd64.deb
extracted to /usr/local/lib,
tensorflow 2.6 from pip

Basically everything is from debian archive except cudnn and tf

And pytorch is available in debian https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/pytorch