Re: Avoid rebooting server to gain back RS232 connection

On Wed, 1 Dec 2021 09:14:11 +0100
john doe <johndoe65534@mail.com> wrote:

> I'm using a RS232 cable to connect to a server everything is properly
> set up and works fine.
> For some reasons I lost the connection to my server that is I can not
> control the server using serial console.

> In other words, how can I reconnect when the cable has been
> disconnected

The first thing I would do is find out why your cable is being
disconnected, and see to it that it does not happen again.

But why RS-232? Why not SSH over Internet Protocol (IP)? If it's a
server, it should have some sort of networking.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/