Re: Don't try this at home kids

On 30/11/21 6:25 am, Bob Bernstein wrote:
How do I tell sudo not to ask me for my password?

It's me. I'm on my computer. I already logged in with my password. No one else is logged on.

I know all you purists out there are rending your garments if not your flesh. but c'mon sudo! Can't a brother catch a break around here?

Thank you.

edit /etc/sudoers and modify / add

username ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD:ALL

P.S. I am totally unconvinced about the arguments for using sudo rather than running as root. You can do exactly the same damage with sudo as being root user. P.P.S The conventional instruction is to use visudo to do the edits. Which means using Vi, which is another anachronism that should be humanely put down.

--
Jeremy A