Re: what to do with USB stick that gives badblocks errors

On 24/11/2021 16:10, Curt wrote:
On 2021-11-24, piorunz <piorunz@gmx.com> wrote:
On 24/11/2021 10:04, Sven Hartge wrote:
Should I throw it away?
Yes.

Agree. I had some bad USBs, did a lot of trickery on them but never were
able to revive them and put them back to any reasonable use. Bin.

I thought I had a bad one once but it was a flaky port.

Good tip, worth checking also. Check on entirely separate machine using
tool like Capacity Tester (that's a FOSS rewrite of very similar Windows
tool):
https://github.com/c0xc/CapacityTester

Test stick, on two separate computers, if it fails on both, bin.

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org/