Re: Drivers to Debian installer

On Sun 21 Nov 2021 at 16:30:06 +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 21, 2021 at 05:38:56PM +0300, John Berden wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I have Acer Nitra 5 laptop with the following parameters:
> > Six-core Intel i5-11400H
> > System board chipset Intel Tiger Point HM570, Intel Tiger Lake-H
> > DIMM1: Samsung M471A1K43EB1-CWE
> > DIMM3: Samsung M471A1K43EB1-CWE
> > Integrated video Intel(R) UHD Graphics
> > Discrete video NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU
> >
> > Can I embed Drivers for these devices to Debian installer?

If you really mean drivers (and not firmware) I think the answer is
"no". At least not easily.

> > Or at least how can I embed a WiFi driver?
> > I use Firmware-11.1.0-AMD64-DVD-1.Iso
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >

> Hi John,
>
> Use the firmware .iso you have to install Debian. At the point at which
> you need firmware, the installer should supply it.

Firmware for network devices only, I believe.

> If you have an Ethernet port and can used a wired interface to bootstrap
> installation do so.

I took a quick look at the specs for this machine. It does not appear
to have an ethernet interface.

> A complication is that this is a gaming laptop with two video displays.
> If you wish to use both, then there are difficulties in doing so.
>
> I would suggest booting from the isntaller and doing an expert install.

I agee with that.

> Stop without installing any desktop - so unselect a Debian desktop.

Normally I would agree with this too, but the lack of ethernet is likely
to lead to an issue with connectivity after first boot. See

--
Brian.