Re: Man pages for gcc

On Sun, Oct 31, 2021, 4:07 PM Paul M. Foster <paulf@quillandmouse.com> wrote:
Folks:

I'm sure everyone but me knows this, but I can't find a man page for
gcc. There must be some docs somewhere. First question: why isn't there
a man page? Second question: what docs are available (or what package
provides them)? Running Debian 11.

The info command is what you want for gcc. You may need to install the package for gcc info files. Another set of commands you might need info files for are coreutils. Try "info coreutils".

These are Gnu/FSF projects and handled a bit differently. I think you'll also want the gcc book available at the Gnu gcc site.

Paul