Re: LXQT desktop environment hangs?

On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 8:33 PM Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:
kaye n wrote:
> LXQT says,
>
> It will not get in your way. It will not hang or slow down your system.
>
> However, I've experienced the opposite, especially when I'm using Firefox
> browser and attempt to open several pages in different tabs.

That's not likely to be LXQT's fault.

Can you describe the problem more precisely?

-dsr-

Hello!

For example when I'm using Firefox and I have about 10 to 12 websites opened in different tabs

First tab is google, second is ebay, third is amazon, third is youtube, etc.

That's when things get real slow.

I have the CPU Monitor widget on the taskbar. It goes up to almost 100.  I see that when the system slows down or hangs.

Again, I don't think this ever happened in my Debian 10 XFCE.  I am now running Debian 11 LXQT.

Maybe Debian 11 simply consumes more resources?

Thank you