Trouble using SDXC 128GB card

Hello,

I'm using a Lenovo Thinkpad T480s. Recently I bought a SanDisk Extreme
Pro 128GB SDXC card for my digital camera, but I quickly found out that
the system can't work with that card. It show up as /dev/sdb, I can use
fdisk and everything without error, but when remove and re-insert the
card, the partition table is gone. When I boot the computer in Win10
(latest version), the card shows up as 'SDXC' but cannot be accessed.
The camera can format, read and write just fine.

According to the specs, the builtin card reader of the T480s is SDXC
compatible. Is there a driver for Linux that can make this card work?
The BIOS of the computer has just been updated a week ago. Is the
hardware just not compatible?

Needless to say, my SDHC cards (up to 32GB) work fine in this machine.