Re: How to install official AMDGPU linux driver on Debian 11?

Em 21-10-2021 21:19, Linux-Fan escreveu:
Markos writes:

Em 17-10-2021 19:47, piorunz escreveu:
On 17/10/2021 22:27, Markos wrote:
Hi,

Please, could someone suggest a tutorial (for a basic user) on how to
install the driver for the graphics card for a laptop Lenovo IdeaPad
S145 with AMD Ryzen™ 5 3500U and AMD Radeon RX Vega 8 running Debian 11
(Bullseye).

I found a more complete tutorial just for Stretch and Buster:

https://wiki.debian.org/AMDGPUDriverOnStretchAndBuster2

What are the possible risks of problems using these AMD drivers?

[...]

No reply so far.

So, it seems that no one is interested in this question. :-(

Or none managed to do this installation, yet.

[...]

Before your initial post, there was already some discussion about a very similar case in the following thread:

(see https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2021/10/msg00738.html)
whereas it worked for my GPU and downloaded driver:
(see https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2021/10/msg00738.html)

I am interested in the questions of yours, but unfortunately cannot provide much of an assistance beyond what I already wrote in the other thread.

HTH
Linux-Fan

öö

Hi Linux-Fan,

Thank you for your comments.

Reading the messages I realized that this is a too big challenge for my level of knowledge.

And in the tutorial at https://linuxconfig.org/install-opencl-for-the-amdgpu-open-source-drivers-on-debian-and-ubuntu

I found an answer to my question about the risks of problems using these AMD drivers:

"WARNING: This may interfere with your existing drivers, resulting in poor performance and instability. Proceed with caution."

I even posted the same question on the AMD forum, but I haven't had an answer so far.

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/how-to-install-official-amdgpu-linux-driver-on-debian-11/td-p/493903

Thank you for your attention.

Best Regards,
Markos