Re: How to install official AMDGPU linux driver on Debian 11?

On 22/10/2021 01:19, Linux-Fan wrote:

Before your initial post, there was already some discussion about a very
similar case in the following thread:

(see https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2021/10/msg00738.html)
whereas it worked for my GPU and downloaded driver:
(see https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2021/10/msg00738.html)

I am interested in the questions of yours, but unfortunately cannot
provide much of an assistance beyond what I already wrote in the other
thread.

Yes the other thread which I opened is just a few threads down. OpenCL
driver for modern Radeon 6800 XT which I have has 0% success rate
installing in Debian 11. I exhausted all options I found. You have
non-Radeon AMD card as I remember, probably driver is made by other team
at AMD. No idea. I invite anyone to have a try. Debian is disadvantaged
in this regard comparing to Ubuntu, which is supported by AMD. O_o

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org