Re: How to install official AMDGPU linux driver on Debian 11?

On 17/10/2021 22:27, Markos wrote:
Hi,

Please, could someone suggest a tutorial (for a basic user) on how to
install the driver for the graphics card for a laptop Lenovo IdeaPad
S145 with AMD Ryzen™ 5 3500U and AMD Radeon RX Vega 8 running Debian 11
(Bullseye).

I found a more complete tutorial just for Stretch and Buster:

https://wiki.debian.org/AMDGPUDriverOnStretchAndBuster2

What are the possible risks of problems using these AMD drivers?

Does using these AMD drivers make much difference in performance?

Thank you,

Markos

I'd love to know that too. I have Radeon 6900XT card and I have no idea
how to install proprietary OpenCL (which is part of proprietary driver)
on it. Other distros like Manjaro have this working (despite no official
AMD support like in Debian), but on Debian I haven't figured it out yet.

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org