Re: Error installing texlive-base

On 2021-10-14 at 10:57, Victor Hugo Muñoz wrote:

> Hello, everyone.
>
> I'm having problems installing texlive in my PC. I'm using unstable
> here.

That may be the root problem, or at least, the best place to solve it.
The basic rule of running unstable is "if it breaks, you get to keep all
the pieces". IMO, no one should ever run unstable on a computer they
*need* to be functional.

> Everything started a couple of days ago, when I needed the package
> physics.sty. I had to install texlive-science. But dependences came
> in, and somehow I got a lot of configuration errors, and installation
> was not completed. I uninstalled all texlive related packages I could
> see, trying to make a fresh start. I think the problem is with
> texlive-base.
>
> I have all its dependencies installed and updated (tex-common,
> texlive-binaries, etc.), and I'm attemting to install texlive-base
> only. I get this:

> Performing actions...
> Retrieving bug reports... Done
> Parsing Found/Fixed information... Done
> Preconfiguring packages ...
> (Reading database ... 217166 files and directories currently
> installed.)
> Preparing to unpack .../texlive-base_2021.20210921-1_all.deb ...
> dpkg: error processing archive
> /var/cache/apt/archives/texlive-base_2021.20210921-1_all.deb
> (--unpack):
>  conffile name 'remove-on-upgrade /etc/texmf/dvipdfm/config/config' is
>  not an absolute pathname

I'm not an expert on this part of the system, but to my eye, this looks
as if there's an syntactically-invalid entry in the list of conffiles
for that package.

If I'm not mistaken, that list is defined in
'/var/lib/dpkg/info/texlive-base.conffiles'. On my system (running
testing, with version 2020.20210202-3), that file contains two lines,
neither of which starts with 'remove-on-upgrade' nor matches that path.

Not sure what could usefully be done from there, but this may at least
be a starting point.

--
   The Wanderer