Re: Intrinsic problem with netinst.iso?

On Mi, 13 oct 21, 13:18:07, Richard Owlett wrote:

> What I see when Debian boots does not have any obvious conflict with what I
> see. If the Linkzone is already plugged in when boot begins it appears to be
> caught in a loop. As soon as the Linkzone is unplugged the boot completes as
> expected. Plug it back back in and I have immediate internet access.

This is to be expected if the device presents itself as a storage device
and your computer is configured to try booting from USB first.

On the final install the switching between storage and modem mode is
done by the usb-modeswitch package. For many devices this is just a
simple 'eject' command, others may need something more convoluted.

In any case, you might be able to replicate the switch during the
install, assuming d-i doesn't already do this.

Kind regards,
Andrei