Re: Buster to bullseye upgrade: Worth it or not?

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021, at 7:59 AM, local10 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am considering upgrading from buster to bullseye and looking for some
> feedback from those who have already done so. Was it worth it, in your
> opinion? Anything you like in particular about bullseye? Any
> problems/issues or degradation of performance/functionality/features,
> especially related to the KDE and its apps?
>
> I'm asking this because something upgrading just isn't worth it, it's
> better perhaps to wait for the next release, like for example when KDE
> 3.5 was replaced with the initial KDE 4.x, that upgrade created so many
> problems (for me) while adding very little in terms of benefits.
>
> Thanks

Hi,

I run Bullseye and I find it very solid and trouble free. Though I didn't upgrade from Buster but instead used to run unstable and switched to stable when it released. Bullseye's KDE is very good and I have no issues with it other than I don't recommend you to run a Wayland session of it, you should stick with X11 for the time being. There exists unofficial repositories by a Debian/KDE packager if you wish to get more recent KDE software releases built for Bullseye.