Re: Buster to bullseye upgrade: Worth it or not?

I think the upgrade is worth it. Debian ąą is rock solid. I didn't notice practically any problems, except that libreoffice start up longer than in Debian 10.

2021-10-11, pr, 19:40 Anssi Saari <as@sci.fi> rašė:
local10 <local10@tutanota.com> writes:

> Am considering upgrading from buster to bullseye and looking for some
> feedback from those who have already done so. Was it worth it, in your
> opinion?

Absolutely. I have a new video card in my desktop with no support in
Buster. Not even in backports. Could've hacked support in but didn't
want to and Bullseye release was close.

Everything else works pretty much as before. Minor tweak was needed due
to changes in newer org-mode. I actually cleaned up my system but didn't
quite get it out of FrankenDebian state. Have Megasync and Spotify
still. Also Debian Multimedia but I don't know if that's considered
FrankenDebian.

I don't run KDE in Debian, except for Konsole. The window manager on my
desktop is called Awesome and it hasn't been updated in a while so
obviously no change. Firefox, Thunderbird, mpv, also no change I
noticed. Well, I don't actually run Debian's packaged Firefox due to a
long standing issue. It's possible that has been fixed now so worth a
look.