Re: 回覆: Debian boot entry won't generated after flash BIOS.

Hi Alvin,

thank you very much for reaching out to Debian with this issue.

Am 07.10.21 um 11:18 schrieb Alvin Huang:
Beside the generate boot entry by manual. Does Debian will generate the boot entry automatic when the original boot entry disappeared? Because I’m confused the problem is cause by BIOS or Debian.

Kibi (Cyril Brulebois) mentioned
https://wiki.debian.org/UEFI#Force_grub-efi_installation_to_the_removable_media_path
during a discussion on IRC we had about your mail.

I assume this wiki page details the issue you are seeing.
Windows installs a fallback EFI executable and Debian doesn't.
The rationale is that every OS would overwrite each others
"removable" EFI executable.
Best would be if your BIOS was preserving boot entries across upgrades
(BIOS flashing).

Please do not hesitate to reach out if we can help you test things.

Kind regards,
Daniel