回覆: Debian boot entry won't generated after flash BIOS.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
Beside the generate boot entry by manual. Does Debian will generate the boot entry automatic when the original boot entry disappeared? Because I’m confused the problem is cause by BIOS or Debian.

BR,
Tel : 886-2-7745 5793
Alvin Huang

寄件者: Cyril Brulebois [mailto:kibi@debian.org]
寄件日期: Thursday, October 7, 2021 4:51 PM
收件者: Alvin Huang
副本: debian-project@lists.debian.org; May Tseng; Jasmine Kang; debian-user@lists.debian.org
主旨: Re: Debian boot entry won't generated after flash BIOS.

Hi,

Alvin Huang <Alvin_Huang@phoenix.com> (2021-10-07):
> I've the questions need your help. We found the boot entry will
> disappeared after BIOS flash and it cause we can't boot into Debian
> system by itself, we need boot into Debian through the UEFI Shell boot
> file.
> Does the boot entry won't generated in BIOS boot priority automatic
> after BIOS flash? If yes, do we have any method to generate boot
> entry from Debian?

I assume your UEFI firmware lost the entries that were stored there for
UEFI booting. You can use a Debian Installer image, selecting Rescue
mode at the boot prompt, answer a few questions, then proceed to
restoring the bootloader. This should do the trick.

Please direct further questions to debian-user@ (in copy).

Cheers,
--
Cyril Brulebois (kibi@debian.org) <https://debamax.com/<https://debamax.com>>