Re: Problem installing

On Sat, 2 Oct 2021 20:54:15 -0400
Greg Wooledge <greg@wooledge.org> wrote:

> The first place I found it mentioned is here:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianUnstable#Installation
>
> It's the LAST option listed in this section.  I've never used it
> before in my entire life.  I've never seen it suggested before.  I
> wouldn't even be able to tell you what's on it, or how to use it.

Since I don't install Sid, I would never have run across that. Sigh.

> And yet, I refer you to Bashphorism #6:
>
>   When given a choice of solutions, the newbie will always choose the
>   wrong one.

Add something about old hands occasionally doing the same. You are
hardly a newbie, and I've been using Linux since 1995 or thereabouts.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/