Re: Up-to-date Bullseye, Power Save turned Samsung T55 Monitor off. Couldn't wake it up

Kenneth Parker wrote:
> HP Elitedesk 705 G1.  Bullseye XFCE.
>
> I had a timeout set like usual.  Before, I could jiggle the Mouse and press
> the Shift Key and it would wake up, but not today.
>
> Fortunately, I was able to power up a Laptop, and SSH into the Elitedesk,
> and tell it to Shutdown cleanly.  (But, obviously not everyone has this
> option).
>
> (Until I can figure this out, I changed the Power settings to "Never" turn
> off the Monitor).

This is the sort of thing which is often caused by a machine
being told to go to sleep -- i.e. suspend to ram, suspend to
disk -- in some way which doesn't let it wake up the video card
again.

A simple DPMS power off / power on ought to work -- from X, try

xset +dpms
xset dpms suspend

and wait a moment. It should come back when you tap a key,
possibly if you wiggle a mouse.

If it doesn't, that's valuable info too.

Look in logs to see if anything interesting happened before you
got to ssh in.

-dsr-