Re: About user and password on Debian 10 (Solved)

On 9/30/21 22:32, frantal@libero.it wrote:
I wanted to let everyone know that I was able to fix the problem even though I will have to open another thread to fix the cause of the problem. The cause of not being able to enter the Debian user desktop was that the / partition was too full! I had installed Debian with 2 partitions (/ + home, and obviously swap) It was enough to remove an app and "magically" on reboot I was able to re-enter the user desktop.

Thanks for suggestion and only thank to be able to enter to "root desktop" made me able to remove the app and solve the problem.

Francesco

I'm glad you found and fixed the problem.  :-)

'apt-get clean' may be of use at this time:

https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/debian-ubuntu-linux-clear-the-package-cache/

Have you installed 'openssh-server', so you can log in, do backups, etc., over the network?

Are you backing up the system configuration files and the data?

David