Re: "Proper" filesystem for Debian installed on a flash drive

Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us> writes:

> That leads me to think that discard could be problematic on some
> devices.  Does a USB flash drive fall into that category?

"USB flash drive" is a little generic. Bottom of the barrel in quality
and price are memory sticks like the Sandisk Ultra Fit mentioned and
they don't (usually) fall into any category where discard or trim is
relevant.

A USB SSD, usually yes. Depends on the controller chip though, it needs
to be able to pass the trim commands to the drive properly.