Re: iwd: Using iwd to connect to a wireless network (Part 1 - Connection status show OK but unable to surf the net)

On Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 03:19:45PM +0200, Stella Ashburne wrote:
> Hi
>
> > Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 2:29 PM
> > From: tomas@tuxteam.de
> > To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> > Subject: Re: iwd: Using iwd to connect to a wireless network (Part 1 - Connection status show OK but unable to surf the net)
> >
> > I don't know about iwd specifically, but given address and
> > netmask it should be able to reasonably infer a default
> > broadcast. So I'd say "yes, but ask iwd" ;-)
> >
> Somehow I managed to find out the email addresses of the developers of iwd (who are all from Intel).
>
> Do you think any one of them will reply to my email? It's a long shot, I know.

That depends. How did you get their e-mail address?
Was it from the project webpage? Do they encourage anybody to
send them direct mail?
Them yes.

What baffels me is though, at what length someone would go to not use the default
methods to connect  via wifi. Especially when they showed limited experience
in networking in the first place.

-H

--
Henning Follmann           | hfollmann@itcfollmann.com