Re: How do I clone a Debian Distro from a 32Gb Class 10 MicroSD card to a 16Gb Class 10 A1 MicroSD card?

This is on a Lemaker BananaPro SoC board running on Armbian. There is one partition on it and it's EXT4 that takes up the entire 32Gb MicroSD card.  Not NTFS.  There are some more replies on this thread I need to read after I send this, but this SoC card boots off this MicroSD card and the entire root filesystem is on it.  The MicroSD card is the boot and system drive.

On Sat, 18 Sept 2021 at 12:53, Reco <recoverym4n@enotuniq.net> wrote:
        Hi.

On Sat, Sep 18, 2021 at 12:35:13PM +0100, Myron wrote:
> This is relatively easy to do on Windows.

This is true only if you're using that sad excuse for a filesystem
called NTFS.

> No clue how to do this with Linux.

1) Plug-in source card, use dump(8) to backup the contents of its
filesystem.
2) Plug-in target card, create appropriate partition(s) on it.
3) Make the needed amount of filesystems on a target SD card.
For ext4 you'll want to use -U option of mkfs to clone filesystem UUIDs
(i.e. UUID on the target card must be the same compared to the source
one).
4) Use restore(8) to recreate filesystem(s) contents on a target card.
5) Unmount filesystems made on a target card.

Reco